Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why Me? Why this Blog?

The purpose of this blog is to give prospective students the inside scoop on what really goes on in the life of a Full-time MBA candidate at Northeastern University.
As a member of the most recent group of admits, I have just completed what all of you are beginning right now.  I took the GMAT, compiled my transcripts, collected recommendations and spent countless hours working on my applications with the goal of ultimately being accepted into a program that would prepare me for a career after graduation.
During the months (or really, years) of the application process I looked at a school's acceptance stats, employment rates, location and so on, but what I really wanted was an idea of what I was getting myself into; what my day-to-day activities would look like in a graduate business program.
I had heard an MBA program was rigorous, that it was all about networking, getting internships and involvement in student organizations, but I didn’t know what that meant in a concrete sense.
This is what my blog is about: giving you a living picture of what your next two years will look like.

* Note: The views  expressed in this blog are not necessarily those held by Northeastern University, its faculty, staff or affiliates and are solely the opinion of Katrina Graves.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katrina

    I'm Anshul. I'm from New Delhi, India. I've applied for the Full-Time MBA Fall, 2011 session and am pretty confident of making it.

    I read your blog. Northeastern sounds so much fun, but the program seems to be pretty hectic. The latest BW rankings makes it even more exciting.

    I'm seriously looking forward to join Northeastern. However, being an international student, placements are of utmost importance to us. So, it'll be really helpful of you, if you can throw some light on the placements for international students, and also the co-op program.

    Also, besides the co-op program, what else differentiates Northeastern from other schools in the same tier?

    Regards
    Anshul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed to see such an amazing post. Keep up the good work.MBA College near the chandigarh

    ReplyDelete